23/05/2009

I am for round the year IPL

Quality checkImage by PurpleValentine via Flickr

Modi has set the cat among the pigeons by talking of two IPL’s a year. I am all for it and suggest Modi should not stop with two; there should be two if not three IPL.

To make IPL interesting, I go so far to suggest that franchisees should have a different set of players with a limitation of just 2 or 3 players playing in all the tournaments.

I am all for more IPL because I believe, a meaningless IPL is far more entertaining and is of much superior quality than a meaningless Test.

Mind you, I use the word ‘quality’ with a purpose. Everyone will agree that in a IPL match there are two teams with top rung players playing, whereas you cannot say the same about the teams playing a Test (outside the ‘iconic’ series).

When quality cricketers participate, it follows automatically that we get to see quality games. Unquestionably, everyone would prefer watching top-drawer stuff.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

LVISS said...

HAVE TWO MORE AND KILL THIS GOLDEN EGG LAYING HEN .

Viswanathan said...

lviss,

I would be happy if that happens.