08/07/2009

Ganguly – Will he or won’t he?

One small step for man...Image by Richard Parmiter via Flickr
Former India captain Sourav Ganguly has set off speculation about his willingness to become a cricket administrator by saying:

"I'm convinced that I can play a positive role," India's most successful test captain told Times of India. "Having played the game at the highest level and being part of the system, I know what it takes to make a difference."

This is an open hint for the anti- Dalmiya faction in the CAB to do their best to entice him into opposing Dalmiya. Who knows from there it is but a small step to becoming the head honcho of the BCCI.

The question is will Ganguly take that small step?

Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

Q said...

I think he should be chairman of selectors!

Viswanathan said...

I believe he has a good chance of becoming the President of the BCCI.

It is actually Eastern India's turn to put a candidate and he stands a good chance of becoming one.

Q said...

Whatever the role, I think he will do a great job for India as part of the BCCI.

Viswanathan said...

I agree he fits the part.