16/09/2008

Peter Young replaces Niranjan Shah

I admit that I was all a twitter over the impending retirement of Niranjan Shah. As my regular readers know, he was a dear friend and in his own way made my and in turn your lives palatable.

 

If it was cricket wise a slow day, I had to just turn to him and he unfailingly obliged me with some scintillating quotes. Needless to add the very thought he will very shortly demit office was disheartening.

 

Providentially, with the emergence of the CA spokesperson Peter Young, my despondency was short-lived. He first caught my attention with the 'otherwise persuade' quote. Here, I thought, is a man good enough to be Niranjan Shah's understudy and quietly congratulated myself on my discovery.

 

In fact, I spent the whole of yesterday calling up my friends and telling them about him. We all agreed he had the potential to exceed Niranjan Shah.

 

Needless to add he did not disappoint us. Today he followed up his 'otherwise persuade ' quote with this zinger.

 

"It's very simple. You go to the experts and if they say don't go, you don't go. If they say go, you go."

 

Here is one more:

 

"The advice we have received in recent times for India has been be cautious, which was completely different to Pakistan. That advice was don't go."

 

I tell you; even Niranjan Shah would have struggled to come up with anything similar.

 

Peter Young, you are genius and hence In the Name of Cricket appoints you as its court jester.

 

Previous Post

 

CricketUA

 

7 comments:

straight point said...

hmmm...at last some competition to our shah...

it would be interesting to see how shah responds now... :)

but OTT isn't it early to appoint peter...after all the consistent performances from shah...and still counting... :))

Gaurav Sethi said...

young swings both ways and then some more. waiting to be "otherwise persuaded" - that's his state of being.

Viswanathan said...

Pan,

Shah's tenure is coming to a close. Sreenivasan is expected to be named as the Secretary.

Viswanathan said...

NC,

AC/DC you mean?

straight point said...

oh forgive me not for this blatant ignorance...

Gaurav Sethi said...

ott - meant the peter patter of little talk
and not angus young's epileptic guitar dance. to compare the two would be blasphemy

Viswanathan said...

NC,

I am clear now.:)